I love smoothies and I love peanut butter. Put them together and you have me in heaven – especially when its a super easy protein shake to get my morning started. While I do enjoy cooking breakfasts for myself on weekends, during the week with my hectic staging schedule and coaching clients, I tend to want both quick and nutritious smoothies that will keep me satisfied & energized until lunch.
I hope you enjoy and of course, if you have your own variation that you would like to share, please do so in the comments below!
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- scoop protein powder
- 2 ripe bananas frozen
- 4-6 tbsp smooth peanut butter OR PB2
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 tsp natural sweetener I prefer Stevia
- Freeze the bananas for a few hours (or overnight) prior to making the smoothie
- Gather all ingredients, get out your blender and all measuring tools.
- Add all the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth. You may want to adjust the amount of almond milk based on the consistency you prefer for your smoothie.
- If you want to supercharge your shake, consider adding 1 -2 cups of spinach.
- To make the smoothie thicker and add additional nutritional value consider adding 1/3 cup of rolled oats to the recipe.