For all my keto friends, this recipe is for you! Inspired by the thick and creamy strawberry shakes I enjoyed as a kid, I wanted to share a smoothie that captures that delicious and indulgent taste. This smoothie is high in fat and low in carbs to help you stay on track with your plan.
Now if you love the idea of a strawberry milkshake smoothie but you aren’t following keto, here are a few things you can do to change this recipe up to suit your macros or nutritional needs:
1. Add vanilla protein powder to boost the overall protein content in this smoothie and potentially make it a meal replacement
2. Substitute almond milk (or another kind of milk) for the whipping cream
3. Add a cup of fresh or frozen strawberries
4. Add 1- 2 cups of fresh spinach (you don’t taste it but it pumps a ton of nutrients into your smoothie)
5. Add a frozen banana to make this smoothie uber creamy
Without further ado, here is the recipe. I hope you enjoy and of course, if you have a special smoothie you love or if you try this one and want to share your feedback, please feel free to comment below!
Keto Strawberry Milkshake
- 3/4 cup coconut milk carton not can
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1-2 tbsp MCT oil
- 1/4 tsp xantham gum
- 2 tbsp Sugar Free Strawberry Torani
- Add all ingredients into your blender and blend to your desired consistency. If the milkshake is too thick, add water to reach the consistency which works for you.
- Omega 3
- Vitamin D
- Powdered vitamin supplement