Diets suck. From tasteless diet foods to feeling hungry all the time to working out AND STILL feeling hungry all the time … diets have earned a love/hate status in our lives.
It’s no wonder we are all out there looking for a weight loss miracle.
As most of us hate going through that diet cycle where we feel deprived all the time, see results for awhile (and feel righteous) but then slowly, gradually stop following the diet as ‘life happens’ and we don’t feel as motivated to stick with it. Sound familiar?
This is because diets – especially extreme ones – are completely unsustainable. But they make US feel bad for failing THEM. In reality, because they focus on quick fixes these ‘miracles’ are tough to maintain and often involve lifestyle changes that can be too extreme to follow long-term.
The struggle is real. I totally get it.
The weight comes back and with it our low self confidence, poor body image and the overall feeling that diets … they just don’t work. It’s a vicious cycle. And an unnecessary one. It’s time to overhaul our concept of losing weight. It’s time for a healthy eating REVOLUTION!
I struggled for YEARS on yo-yo diets, losing weight and then gaining it all back when the plan got too restrictive or I had just had enough of feeling tired, hungry & angry all the time. I lost and regained the weight over and over. I know from my own experience and from working with women who, like me, struggled with knowing what to eat (and how much) and the overwhelm of all that diet misinformation out there. Our society has made it difficult to trust food in general and to trust ourselves and our control around food.
Trust me. I get it. But there is a way off the diet roller coaster. And it doesn’t involve extreme eating, punishing workouts or calorie counting forever.
Healthy eating doesn’t suck. If you have tried a hundred diets out there and are tired of bland chicken meals or pre-packed diet foods – I’m telling you there is a way to eat healthy, nutritious meals that taste amazing and which nourish your body so you feel great.
Reaching your body weight goals is much simpler than any diet would have us believe. We complicate it by trying to reach those goals too quickly. We look for diet solutions that provide quick results because the reality is we can’t stand being on diets.
So ditch the diet. It’s really that simple.
As a coach and a woman who struggled for years with her weight, the one key thing that changed everything for me was when I stopped looking for a diet and started searching for a lifestyle.
A lifestyle with delicious food and challenging (and fun) workouts. A lifestyle that allowed me the freedom to live – not suffer on a diet – and still reach my goals.
So if you are struggling, here are FIVE ways you can start making that shift today without jumping on a new yo-yo diet:
- Start swapping out fast/processed foods for whole foods. Don’t worry about portion sizes a whole lot, just work on improving the quality of the foods you are eating.
- Look at the recipes you love and see if there are ways you can make them just a little bit better. Can you upgrade any of the ingredients? Or sub them for a healthier substitute? This can make a HUGE difference.
- Plan your meals in advance. I get it, eating healthy when you are busy is tough so plan ahead and create a meal plan that accommodates your schedule.
- Prep some healthy snacks and keep them stored in a convenient place. Whether that’s your fridge or in your bag as you are on the go, the more convenient you make healthy eating the better odds you will eat nutritious foods. Need help? Grab my meal prep guide!
- Try some new foods. Make it a challenge to try some new whole foods every week and expand your food repertoire. The more you experiment and try new things the better (and more tasty) your meals will be. Want some fresh recipes? Grab one of my recipe ebooks!
This is a great start to a healthy lifestyle packed with nutritious foods. It will start getting you off that diet hamster wheel and focusing on building a better and more positive relationship with food.
You aren’t meant to live your life on a diet.
If you are ready to ditch the diet, we should chat. I help busy women who struggle with their weight & body confidence, learn healthy habits that enable them to lose weight, get fit & feel fabulous.
Click the image below to learn more!