So my son Blake and I food prep lunches on Sundays so we can be prepared to the coming week. He doesn’t enjoy sandwiches or traditional lunches so we have started working together to create healthy lunches that he enjoys and which I know are nutritious.
This week we made baked chicken parmesan with roasted broccoli for his lunches. We did a Facebook Live Video about it and we shared some of our top meal prep tips & tools so feel free to roasted tomato marinara sauce so be sure to check out that recipe as well! We hope you enjoy!
Baked Chicken Parmesan + Roasted Broccoli
- 4 chicken breasts
- 5 tbsp olive oil divided
- 4 tbsp mayo
- 2 heads broccoli chopped
- herb and garlic seasoning
- 1/2 cup roasted tomato marinara sauce see recipe alternatively use bottled marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella or italian cheese
- salt and pepper
- If using, the roasted tomato marinara sauce then make the sauce first before starting any of the steps for this dish.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and prepare two baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Add panko to a medium size mixing bowl and mix in the herb and garlic seasoning until well blended. Season with salt and pepper.
- On a separate plate, lightly brush the chicken breasts with mayonnaise. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Once coated, roll each chicken breast in the panko mixture and place on another plate.
- Heat up a frying pan to medium high heat. Add 1 tbsp. of olive oil to the pan once it’s hot and add the chicken breasts. Cook the chicken breasts until each side is deeply golden in hue. Once each side is done, place on one of the prepared backing sheets. Top each breast with marinara sauce and shredded cheese.
- Chop up the broccoli and add to a medium sized mixing bowl. Add 1 – 2 tbsp. of olive oil, salt and pepper and 1-2 tsp of the herb and garlic seasoning. Toss to coat. Once coated, pour into second prepared baking sheet and spread broccoli out evenly.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes until chicken is fully cooked and the broccoli is lightly browned. Take out of the oven and let cool. Serve immediately OR place into individual containers for lunches.